Nasyitah

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I blog because....

I began blogging about a year ago because of the need to communicate information to a group of students. Somewhere deep in the recesses of my brain, I must have thought that having the blog put me in the category of "Hip Teachers". I must say I had been grossly delusional. Looking at it for the last time before I hit the "DELETE" button, I realised that my blog was anything but "hip and cool". It is, in actual fact, an embarrasment. No regrets about laying that one to rest.

So why am I blogging again? Well let's just say that the husband's current fervent blogging is inspiring the wife to establish her voice in cyberspace. Maybe in cyberspace I will finally be left alone to rant and rave as much as I want without people telling me to observe proper chanels when giving "feedback" for fear of rousing unwanted emotions and creating unnecessarily tensed situations.

As if I have that kind of power. This is even funnier than Khairi's "Your Mama" jokes!

Oh I am going to have so much fun with this!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging :) Will visit often!

November 9, 2007 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger 'Innocent' said...

but then again, you still have to watch what you say cause if you do post anything offensive, about say the government, or when a student bad mouths a teacher, they'll track you down and oh boy you're in so much trouble. ah. so i guess people would still tell you to observe proper channels when giving feedback for fear of rousing unwanted emotions and creating unnecessarily tensed situations. sigh.

November 16, 2007 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger 'Innocent' said...

oh btw it's me vikknesh. =)

November 16, 2007 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Mdm Nasyitah Tan Abdullah Wah Ling said...

Oh Vikknesh! Don't you worry about me! I am a highly rational person. Hopefully that will prevent me from getting myself into trouble. I do realise my social and moral responsibilities!

November 17, 2007 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger 'Innocent' said...

haha yes...but then again, it makes me sad when i really wanna talk about some issues, but can't, in case i get shot(k maybe not shot but u get the point) or something...sigh.

November 18, 2007 at 12:57 AM  
Blogger Mdm Nasyitah Tan Abdullah Wah Ling said...

Why do you think you'll be targeted if what you are saying is well-thougt out, logical and responsible?

November 19, 2007 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger 'Innocent' said...

haha..well i guess what might be well-thoughtout, logical and responsible to one might just be offensive to another...

November 21, 2007 at 4:25 AM  
Blogger Mdm Nasyitah Tan Abdullah Wah Ling said...

"Might". That's the key. "Might". That refers to be a possibility. Whatever you are expressing "might" also not be viewed as offensive.

What I'm trying to say is that we can never second guess the reactions we'll get but that should not stop us from putting forth what matters to us.

Imagine the world if our dramatists, poets, musicians, artists, lobbists, politicians (yes, even them!) etc (sorry. it's really late and I should be in bed) live in fear? Is it a world you'll want to live in?

November 21, 2007 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home