Nasyitah

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Poor, Unsuspecting Aunty Sharmilah and the Not-So-Little Adbul Mateen

Yes! I did it! With a little ingenuity, time and effort, I finally managed to sneak asparagus, carrots, potatoes and some other very healthy but definitely not saliva-inducing ingredients into the little boy's food!


The Unsuspecting Boy


Heh heh heh! Looks like poor Aunty Sharmilah is going to lose her little Meat-arian, All-Things-Fried-and-Sweet-arian friend to this mother who is pulling out all stops to detox and healthi-fy her son.

Who-hoo! Sorry Aunty Sharmilah but I am on a quest to bring the little boy to optimum health and nothing is going to stand in my way... Okay maybe some things will continue to thwart my efforts: the little boy's father whose weakness is fried and savoury food; visits to the homes of people who love with the forbidden foods; the little boy's mother's anticipated lack of time and energy to keep up with her guerrilla tactics when school begins; etc...

Well, these things are not going to stop me! Not at all! You can be sure I'll push on against all odds Aunty Sharmilah!

Whooo-hoooo!

.....................................................................................

Okay. I don't know who I am trying to kid.

I am sure Aunty Sharmilah knows that I am, despite my I'll-do-whatever-it-takes appearance, after all a pragmatic person. That means I will never dream of creating chaos and pandemonium by demanding the husband to go junk food-free and requesting the good people to stop their loving-with-food ways.

But Aunty Sharmilah must also know that I am a mother trying to do my best, albeit seeming a bit too over-zealous to other people, for my little boy. So Aunty Sharmilah, just wish me lots of luck will you? And remind me to not tear my hair out should I stumble or fail in my mission.

Thank you Aunty Sharmilah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home