Nasyitah

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looking forward to a slower 2008

It happened again.

I woke up two hours ago, my heart pumping like mad, as if I had been running a marathon. Well you would be too if you had been having a dream which got you running up and down steep flights of stairs, catching buses, forgetting the younger brother (who in reality is already 30 years of age), running up and down steep flights of stairs and catching buses again to retrieve him. I am starting to feel breathless again just by talking and thinking about it.

It's just a dream. I hear myself saying. Don't over analyse it.

Of course, of course. Dreams are illogical and most of the time incomprehensible. It would be definitely wise to forget about them and just get on with the waking hours. However, I have a nagging feeling that it will do me good to not ignore mine for I am still able to recall the dreams which woke me up with the same cardiovascular effects within the space of two weeks.

Can't be healthy right? Which is really ironic as what I have been trying to do the past weeks is to get into a state of overall wellness and health for myself and the little one: I am eating lots of vegetables and fruits (and making him do the same); exercising (Creating opportunities for him to run about as much as possible. Cutting down computer use helps! :D); using face and body products like scrubs, masks and moisturisers; getting ample rest;...................................................

AMPLE REST!?!

Okay. I am coming clean here. This is one thing that I find myself struggling with at times. There are just too many things to do! The house to clean, laundry to wash, healthy and tasty meals to cook, cards to make, gifts to create, friends to catch up with, bills to pay, school work to tidy up before school reopens, students to see for O Level Drama ............. There is more to the list.

Why am I not surprised to find my heart racing again?

The problem is: I ENJOY DOING EVERY SINGLE THING I HAVE LISTED!

The solution is: STOP TRYING TO BE SUPER-Person,Mother,Wife,Daughter,Daughter-in-Law,Teacher COS YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO BE!

Easier said than done but you can be sure it is what I will be trying, no!, doing my best to achieve in 2008! For this, I think I can count on my xiao mei mei, new staff room neighbour, friend and colleague for help! Min Er don't forget to keep me balanced on my scales all right? :)

Come on 2008! I'm waiting for you!:D

3 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

See you in school Mrs K. I'm sure that I missed you a whole lot! Loves! :D

December 31, 2007 at 2:18 AM  
Blogger Mdm Nasyitah Tan Abdullah Wah Ling said...

Hi Salmah! You found me! :) You bet I'm looking forward to start the year and see all of you again too! :)

December 31, 2007 at 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Madame! Min has been doing her job well I hope! Will keep reminding you to be realistic :D JIA YOU but not in the wrong areas.. :p

January 4, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home