Nasyitah

Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking Back at 2007

It is 2 hrs and 10 minutes to 12 midnight.

We have come to the end of another year. Another eventful year with many things happening. There were changes, activities and celebrations taking place throughout the year.

Of all of these, two things affected me deeply: my darling husband leaving for a land far away to pursue a dream and a brighter shared future and my father-in-law's passing, both taking place during the holy month of Ramadhan.

While I got over the husband's absence very quickly, my mother-in-law was badly affected by the death of her husband. Like my husband, sisters and brothers-in-law, I was anxious for her to adjust to life without the person she has spent everyday of 50 years with for I have grown to be very affectionate of this couple who has been always accepting of and generous to their Chinese daughter-in-law. Thankfully, with strong family ties and support, she has since regained her zest for life. This is the power of the family, the very people whom, unfortunately, we all take for granted at one point in time or another.

My mother-in-law is still confined to the house because of the mourning period of 3 months 10 days but is looking forward to the activities planned after she is able to go out of the house. I'm sure my mother-in-law misses her beloved husband, still carries him in her heart and will continue to do so. I too miss my father-in-law's gentle ways, shy smile and rare cheeky grins, especially when I tuck into a good bowl of Tom Yam soup. You guessed it. That's one of the favourite dishes of the kind foodie.

1 hr 25 minutes more to go.

My darling husband is finally home for the holidays and research work, and have finally gotten over his jet-lag after a dose of melatonin. About time, for the little boy of ours was starting to drive me crazy with questions of why his father is busy sleeping all the time. All I can say is it is definitely good to have him back so I'm not going to waste time writing about it. All these rhetoric can continue when he goes back to his books in February.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! 2008 is going to be a great one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home