Nasyitah

Monday, February 18, 2008

Loving Being Married

On a certain Monday at training, two ladies were exchanging tips about juggling parenthood and work. (Of course! What else would 2 working mothers away from work talk about right?) At the same time, a group of swinging singles were having an animated conversation about...about... Well this working mom haven't the faintest idea what they were talking about and that's not important. What is more important is the conversation that followed:

Swinging Single: Aiyoh will the two of you stop talking about parenthood!? We
feel so left out.
Working Mother 1: Why? It's never too early to pick up parenting tips what. (with
a smile)
S.S.: Huh? What makes you think I want to get married?
W.M. 1: (Gasps in horror) You mean you are not!?
W.M. 2: (Tongue-in-cheek wisdom) Hmm, it's better to have loved than not
at all yah?
S.S.: What makes you think I wouldn't have loved if I'm not
married? I would have loved many times over!
Mixed reactions from the other S.S.s and the W.M.s. Imagination needed here.
S.S.: Say, if you were born again, would you still want to be married?
W.M. 2: Actually it'll be nice to be a swinging single like you guys.
(not meaning what she said)
W.M. 1: (Without hesitation, cutting into W.M. 2's reply) I would want
to be married again.
S.S.: Wah! (Tickled and looking slightly impressed or disgusted.)Must
tell your husband!

Marriage, living and negotiating with another person with his own opinions, having a baby and raising him with patience and love are definitely not things I imagined for myself 15 years ago. 15 years is a long time and people change. And change I am glad I did for the marriage, the man and the baby who has grown into a little man have made me a much better person than I was.

To prevent this intelligent, funny, kind and generous man from cringing in his room far away from home (and to make sure I send the little man to his grandma's before getting to training on time!) I better stop writing.

See you soon my darling husband! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home