Nasyitah

Sunday, March 9, 2008

ReCipeS

Did I mention I love food? All kinds of food? In my bid to build a strong foundation for a healthier life for all at home, I think about what delicious and healthy meals I can cook up all the time. My experiments so far have worked with the little one. Pat on the back :D

Here's a recipe that I found on the Internet. Looks healthy but I have yet been able to try it:

Curried Lentils

Ingredients:
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup lentils
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 tsp curry powder
1 small onion
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Steps:
1) Wash lentils and soak in milk for 12 hours
2) Melt butter, slice onion & fry till pale brown, add curry powder, milk, water, seasonings and lentils. Simmer for 2 hours & add lemon juice just before serving.

Hmm, perhaps this is not the healthiest recipe but it sure sounds mouth-watering!

How about some dessert now? This is really healthy. And tasty! Even the family food connoisseur said so!

Gelato

Ingredients:
2 cups cashew butter
1 1/2 cups maple syrup
2/3 cup almonds, coarsely chopped

Steps:
1) Mix cashew butter & maple syrup
2) Fold in chopped almonds.
3) Freeze and serve frozen.

Nut Butter

Ingredients:
2 cups of raw nuts
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice, coconut water or apple juice

Steps:
1) Grind nuts to powder & add liquid.
2) Use as little liquid as possible.
3) Lasts in the fridge for a few days.

Do let me know if you tried any of the two and found it good! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home