Nasyitah

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Optimistic and Adaptable Cancerian

Since my darling husband left for N.I. again 3 weeks ago, I busied myself with adjusting to life without him around. Thought that I would have gotten used to him coming and leaving by now but I knew I was wrong when I moped on the day after his plane took off. Thank god for meaningful things to do! The best way to get on with it and move over the moping stage is to occupy oneself. You can take it from me that with all these things, important and frivolous ones, there is no chance I have time to waste, dragging my feet around like a love-sick animal.

Here is by no means an ordered or exhaustive list of things I enrich, or distract, myself and Mateen with:
1. Keeping the house spick-and-span. While this is something that I maintain all the time, I am all the more meticulous and rigorous now, cleansing with the amazing Kao Magic Cleaner.
2. Making sure Mateen gets his greens (and yellows, oranges and reds. This requires some cunning here for the trick is to mask the appearance of foods he had labelled as enemy) and homework done (which I find stressful especially when it comes to Malay!).
3. Plus, making sure that he has lots of opportunities to run about and interact with his peers. This means that I must be really productive in school so that I can fetch him from school to come home early enough to go to the playground where I am now a semi-regular. You know that when you begin to chat with maids and little children when you pass them at the void deck or meet them somewhere else in the neighbourhood. I must say I enjoy this tremendously.
4. Exercising as often as my schedule allows me to and I am feeling the positive effects it has on me already. I am totally sold on the physical and mental connection theories. I was really starting to feel stupid during the period of inactivity.
5. Reading as much as I can. So far I have been able to keep to my target of devoting at least 30 minutes (1 free period) to reading the newspaper when I am in school. I am very happy about that. :) Also finished one of the best books I have ever read. Time Was Soft There by Jeremy Mercier. The book is another Blog entry.
6. Devoting more time to my religious obligations. Never thought of myself going this way but the more I learn and practice, the more I see the logic and beauty of Islam... :)
7. Dreaming up new remodeling/redecorating plans. So far I only have time for the dream stage, which is good enough for now.
8. Being the best Drama teacher I can be!
9. Spending time with friends.
10. Updating my Blog.

Lest anyone think that I am alluding to the fact that a husband-less woman is a more productive woman, I really wish that my husband is not so far away.

But no worries! I am an optimist! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grab our pictures at my blog!! :D

February 19, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home